205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Exec Members Present:
Sarah Campbell, President; Marc Davis, VP; Bob Drew, Treasurer
Area Coordinators: Brian Talenti- Area 3a; Helen Dey Valdez-Area 1 & Newsletter editor;
Sam Martin-Area 4a; Cynthia Biggers-Area 4b; Jean Mather, Chair of Zoning and Planning Committee;
Carol Martin, Membership Chair
Exec. Members Absent: Garret Nick, Co Secretary; Dawn Cizmar, Co-Secretary
Members: Teresa Griffin
1. Helen requested newsletter articles be submitted to her in the next week.
2. Sarah opened discussion on proposal to increase member dues and have 2 levels:
Single $20 and Family $35. Some of the options discussed included: Add a Senior Level.
Membership chair questioned practicality of having to confirm ages. No longer have a
'discount' for family level: Affordability. How to give members the opportunity to
make larger contributions if the current levels of '$10 Sustaining" and '$20 Big Bubba'
MOTION: Bring the following proposal to the General Membership at the February meeting:
Membership levels: Single $20; Family $35. and include a line on membership form for
'Additional Contributions to SRCC General Fund"
3. It was proposed that the 'Areas of Interest" section be dropped from the Membership Form.
Discussion included points that each topic has a committee that appears in the newsletters
along with contact information. Although the data is entered in the membership database,
it is not used. The newsletter and list serve function as more efficient ways to communicate
interests in these topics.
MOTION: Prepare a new membership form that shows a proposed dues levels and drops the
Areas of Interest. APPROVED unanimously
4. Sarah proposed new wording for bylaws that would better define what positions are
considered 'Executive Committee." Officers, Area Coordinators, Standing Committee Chairs.
She also proposed a new structure for committees that would modernize terminology and group
similar issues under a broad category. There was discussion of how to make any transition
from current committee structure to a new one. Sarah will email a proposal and set a deadline
MOTION: Delay presenting Bylaws proposal to Membership until a later date.
Focus on the membership dues proposal at the February meeting.
6. Marc proposed that meeting agendas be posted 7 days prior to meetings.
MOTION: The SRCC President will post agendas 7 days prior to meetings with the understanding
that the agenda is a draft and could be expanded depending on late requests that require
action to meet deadlines.
7. Bob asked clarification on payment made by SRCC to Grace United Methodist
Church for the neighborhood's use of meeting space. Discussion included how to distinguish
any payment made to caretaker from payment intended for the church. It was recommended
that Bob not make payments until Jean Mather can tell the Exec Committee what the practice
has been in the past.
8. The committee confirmed that Bob should use the SRCC PO Box as a contact address
when completing the membership payment to Austin Neighborhood Council.
9. Carol agreed to notify all officers needing to pay dues prior to March meeting/election.
10. Bob requested an item regarding potholes on Alameda caused by City construction to be on
Feb agenda. Bob will contact Jean Mather as chair of Zoning & Planning Committee to determine
how to present at meeting.
11. Sarah reported that the Church caretaker had called to request SRCC start our
monthly meetings in the Fellowship Hall 15-20 minutes later to ease tension
caused by ending of AA meeting at
7. Sarah proposed this compromise: SRCC will start meetings 15 minutes later
if AA will start theirs 15 minutes earlier, as this much time (30 minutes) is
needed to clear out parking, end one meeting and start another.
Minutes submitted by Carol Martin
Minutes approved on (date)_________________________________________________
return to SRCC home page