South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general
February 3, 2014
return to SRCC home page
MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OF SRCC
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2014
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 East Monroe; Austin, Texas
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
State your name when presenting or seconding a motion.
Presenter throughout: Marc Davis, President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership & voting announcements.
pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50
Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance,
with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no
more than 2 years, he or she may renew at the meeting and be
eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes
from December 2, 2013, last regular monthly meeting
4. 7:25 Treasurer's report (to be distributed at meeing;
will also be available at Web site)
Net Operating Income:
Austin Community Foundation
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss, and Balance
reports available upon request
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs' reports--
1) Parks, Schools, Environment;
2) Planning & Zoning--item below;
3) Transportation & Public Safety;
5) Historic District--item below;
8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC;
9) Reps to ANC (Austin Neighborhoods Council);
11) Quality of Life
6. 7:40 Update on Congress Avenue Baptist Church request (C14-2013-0022)
to up-zone to GR (with conditional overlay) to allow for
commercial parking and the eventual construction of a parking garage
on the back half of its lot.
Presenter: Marc Davis, President
7. 7:50 Report on South Central Waterfront Overlay plan.
Waterfront walking tour December 7, 2013; 9:50 am to 12 noon.
Presenters: Garret Nick, Secretary;
Principal Planner, Urban Design Division at
City of Austin, Planning & Development Review Department
8. 8:05 H 35 Capital Area Improvement Program;
plans for changes to IH 35 at Oltorf and Riverside Drive.
Proposal to close east/west traffic at Woodland Avenue / IH 35
Presenters: Toni House, EROC NPCT & SRCC Member;
Stacey Benningfield, Mobility Plan Project Manager,
Texas Department of Transportation;
City Comprehensive Planning and Transportation
9. 8:25 Proposal to open Woodland Avenue gate access for
residents of Brook apartment complex (1824 S. IH 35).
Presenter: Matt Holloway
10. 8:40 Variance request for 1201 Woodland Avenue
Presenter: Jean Mather, Zoning committee; Sarah Campbell, member
11. 8:50 Variance request for 1806 Drake. Request
by David Cancialosi. Owner: Connie Leaverton
Presenter: Jean Mather, Zoning Committee
Save the Date: SRCC annual membership meeting / pot luck dinner /
elections. Tuesday March 4,
2014; starts 6:00 pm. Bring a dish. Kids welcome.
656-2841 - cell
return to SRCC home page