South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general
membership and election of officers,
April 7, 2014
return to SRCC home page
MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OF SRCC
MONDAY, APRIL 7, 2014
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 East Monroe; Austin, Texas
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion.
Presenter throughout: President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership & voting announcements.
pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50
Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance,
with the exception that if a former member's dues have lapsed no
more than 2 years, he or she may renew at the meeting and be
eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes
from March 4, 2014, last regular monthly meeting
4. 7:25 Treasurer's report (see attachment to agenda distributed at meeing;
will also be available at Web site)
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs' reports--
1) Parks, Schools, Environment;
2) Planning & Zoning--item below;
3) Transportation & Public Safety;
5) Historic District--item below;
8) Finance--status of projects funded by SRCC;
9) Reps to ANC (Austin Neighborhoods Council);
11) Quality of Life
6. 7:40 Parking Issues surrounding South Congress Avenue
Presented by Chris Riley, Austin City Council
member; Leah Bojo, Policy Aide to
Council Member Riley
7. 7:55 of Update on 517 E. Oltorf--Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in
Christ Jesus, Inc.’s request of Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in
Christ Jesus, Inc. (C14-2013-0081) to upzone to GR (with conditional
overlay) to increase its impervious cover limit and allow for additional
Presenter: Marty Christman, SRCC member
8. 8:05 Update on Historic Distric project
Presenter: Michele Webre, SRCC member
9. 8:10 District 9 Neighborhood Leaders meetings - request for
volunteers to attend meetings where various neighborhoods that fall within the
same council district can discuss their issues, explore common interests. SRCC
needs to attend both District 9 and District 3 meetings.
Presenter: Eric Rangel, SRCC President
10. 8:15 Waiver Request 518 E. Live Oak The Zoning Committee of South River
City Citizens met on March 13th to discuss the proposed variances to the side
setbacks and the Macmansion ordinance at 518 E. Live Oak. The applicant, Ms. Dagmar Grieder,
is proposing to add a second story to the rear of the house, conforming to the existing first
floor exterior, to add a bedroom and bath. Front entrance to be preserved. The SRCC committee voted
not to oppose. This committee recommendation is subject to the vote of general membership of
SRCC on April 7.
Presenter: Jean Mather, SRCC Chair of Planning & Zoning committee
return to SRCC home page