South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general
June 6, 2011
return to SRCC home page
MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OF SRCC
MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 East Monroe; Austin, Texas
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers
Presenter: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below
2. 7:20 Membership announcements
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:25 Approve meeting minutes
4. 7:30 Request for Conditional Use Permit for change of use from liquor
sales to “cocktail lounge and associated improvements” at 343 S Congress
at Riverside Drive SPC-2011-0082CS
Presenters: Nikelle Meade for applicant; Jean Mather &/or Teresa Griffin,
Co-Chairs Planning & Zoning Committee and officers of NPCT
[notice of cancellation of foregoing item posted 6/6 5:42 pm]
5. 7:45 Marc and Tracy Fraser, owners of S Congress Athletic Club.
6. 7:55 COA proposed Special Exemptions and Fee Waivers for certain code
violations in SF-3 zoning.
7. 8:00 Neighborhood Watch Pilot Program
Presenters: Dennis Cudd, Marc Davis and Shelly Leibham, members.
8. 8:15 Illegal tree cutting at 1208 Woodland Ave. Proposed resolution to
compose letter to City, fiercely denouncing this activity and requesting
maximum fines/punishment against owner.
9. 8:20 Proposed amendment to LDC, affecting homebuyers in the extra-
territorial jurisdiction, C20-2011-009.
10. 8:25 Activity at 1301 Newning causing alarm.
11. 8:30 Street Closures: (A) Batfest, 4am Aug 27---4am Aug 28, 2011,
Congress Ave Bridge to be closed; (B) Austin Triathlon, 6am---11am Sept 5,
2011, S Congress to be closed except for single lane north to Cesar Chavez and
single lane south from Barton Springs Rd.
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. 8:35 SRCC East
(EROC--East Riverside Oltorf Combined planning area) & other Areas
13. 8:45 Committee Reports (at least: newsletter, website, Norwood Property
Project, Neighborhood Watch(es), signs, Area 8 Traffic Calming project,
SCIP [South Congress Improvement Project])
14. 8:55 SRCC executive officer shuffling to begin late summer/early fall
15. 9:00 Other
Official SRCC 4th of July Parade & Picnic
is cancelled for 2011,
there still will be no
general meeting in July;
however, watch the listserv for
announcements of an unofficial
Fourth of July celebration that some neighbors
are working on.
Agenda prepared by
Sarah Campbell, 462-2261
Items not necessarily taken in order above.
return to SRCC home page