South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general
August 1, 2011
return to SRCC home page
MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OF SRCC
MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 East Monroe; Austin, Texas
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Room arrangement, meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers
Presenter throughout: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:25 Approve meeting minutes
from 6/6/11, last regular monthly meeting
4. 7:30 Austin Police Dept Officer Robert Barboza, our District Rep.
Introduction by Shelly Leibham, member, Safety Committee
5. 7:40 Reagan National outdoor advertising at Woodland and IH35 (SP-2007-0560C(XT)) is requesting an extension of an approved site plan. This plan was unsuccessfully highly contested by the neighborhood at the time, and SRCC has submitted opposition to this extension. Unfortunately, the City almost routinely does extend site plan approvals upon request.
Presenter: Patrick Roeder, resident opposed to extension.
6. 7:45 Plans for the historic Reuter House property at 806 Rosedale Terrace.
Presenters: Kenny Hilbig, member, and Randy Chupik, owner/ developer.
7. 7:55 Norwood Property Feasibility Study, consultants' options.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Director, Norwood Posse
8. 8:10 Cutting of protected trees at 1208 Woodland -- status report.
Presenter: Marty Christman, Chair, Environment Committee
9. 8:15 Herbicide spraying along Blunn Creek -- latest news subsequent to SRCC representatives' meeting with City Parks and Recreation staff.
Presenters: Teresa Griffin and Jeff Kessel, members.
10. 8:25 Finance Committee recommendation for new Treasurer to replace current Treasurer, John Foote who soon will be leaving the country for a new job.
Presenter: Sam Martin, Chair, Finance Committee.
11. 8:30 SRCC East development issues.
Presenter: Toni House or Gayle Goff, members.
12. 8:35 Oaks of Travis Heights, 1227 Newning site plan description.
Presenter: Danny Waters, developer.
13. 8:45 Area 8 Traffic Calming Project and RPP [residential parking permits].
Presenters: Jeremy Elliott, Chair of Ad Hoc group
working on traffic calming, and Kim Lanzilotti, petitioner for RPP
14. 8:50 Short Term Rentals -- a Position Paper from WANG (West Austin Neighborhood Group).
15. 8:55 Possible changes to Land Development Code Compatibility Standards, which historically have served as buffering protections between residential and non-residential developments.
Presenter: Jean Mather, Co-Chair, Zoning and Planning Committee
16. 9:00 South Congress Working Group -- will have first meeting Tuesday, August 2, 2011, to develop parking plan. Group includes nominees from Bouldin Creek and SRCC Neighborhood Associations and the S Congress Merchants Association.
Congratulations to all involved in a successful, re-imagined 4th of July event this year!
Agenda prepared by
Items not necessarily taken in order above.
return to SRCC home page