South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general
August 4, 2014
return to SRCC home page
MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OF SRCC
MONDAY, AUGUST 4, 2014
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 East Monroe; Austin, Texas
A G E N D A
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers, Verification of quorum.
Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please
feel free to raise your hand and ask. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion.
Presenter hroughout: Eric Rangel, President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements.
pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50
Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance,
with the exception that if a former member's dues have lapsed no
more than 2 years, he or she may renew at the meeting and be
eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes
from June 2, 2014, last regular monthly meeting
4. 7:25 Treasurer's report (see attachment to agenda distributed at meeing;
will also be available at Web site)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs' reports--
1) Parks, Schools, Environment;
2) Planning & Zoning--items below;
3) Transportation & Public Safety--item below item below plus update on Annie - Woodland restriping;
5) Historic District;
8) Finance--status of projects funded by SRCC--item below;
9) ANC (Austin Neighborhoods Council);
11) Quality of Life
6. 7:35 Update on 517 E. Oltorf -- request of Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in
Christ Jesus, Inc. (C14-2013-0081) to upzone to GR (with conditional
overlay) to increase its impervious cover limit and allow for additional
Presenters: Elloa Mathews, SRCC Area 5 Coordinator, and Marty Christman, SRCC
Parks, Schools, and Environment Committee Co-Chair
7. 7:45 Report from zoning committee on the following properties: 410 E. Annie,
1106 Algarita, proposed Terrace Hotel at 110 Academy Drive/1101 Music Lane, 1106
Woodland (demo permit), 206 E. Live Oak (relocation permit).
Presenters: Jean Mather, Chair of SRCC Planning & Zoning committee; Kent
Anschutz, SRCC P&Z committee member
8. 7:55 Request for support/ideas regarding demolition and new construction at
Presenter: Michele Webre, Bluebonnet Hills Historic District Chair
9. 8:05 SRCC Finance Committee:
--Executive Committee approved SRCC sponsorship of the Travis Heights Art
Trail--Sponsorship level of $250 gives us a business card-sized mention. We have
done this in the past.
--Recommendation that $2,100 of the Area 8 Traffic Calming funds be reallocated
for planting native grasses in the Blunn Creek Nature Preserve.
Presenter: Sam Martin, Chair of SRCC Finance Committee
10. 8:10 Update on Good Shepherd Church’s request for a Conditional Use Permit
to operate the property at 1700 Woodland Avenue as a Day Care Center.
Presenter: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC Area 7 Coordinator
11. 8:15 Sign Review Board/Board of Adjustment heard a variance request to
increase the allowable size for a sign from 35 s.f. to 329 s.f. for the District
at SOCO apartment complex at 501 E. Oltorf. Board voted against but they are
appealing. P&Z comm previously voted to not object but we need to put it to a
Presenter: Rick Krivoniak, property owner of adjacent duplexes, firstname.lastname@example.org
12. 8:20 Proposal to write a letter of support to the city for funding for the
next stage of planning for the south central waterfront plan. There is a request
for $200,000 to hire consultants to produce detailed documents to guide us into
the next phase.
Presenter: Garret Nick, SRCC Secretary and waterfront plan liaison
13. 8:25 Mobility 35 Project Update from TxDot and HNTB Engineering. Topics to
include: 1. Brief update on Woodland; 2. Discussion of what is proposed from
Riverside to Ben White; 3. Discussion of access to/from downtown from the
Presenters: Steve Miller, VP HNTP and Project Manager, email@example.com; Stacey
Benningfield, Program Manager, Texas Department of Transportation,
14. 8:55 President Eric J. Rangel’s resignation of the presidency; nominations
and vote for replacement.
Presenters: Eric J. Rangel; Carol Martin
Call for volunteers
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss, and Balance reports available upon request
from the treasurer
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF - Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood
Council; SF - Single Family zoning category; FLUM - Future Land Use Map
return to SRCC home page