South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general membership,
October 4, 1010
return to SRCC home page
MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP OF SRCC
MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Room re-arrangement, meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter throughout: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
2. 7:20 Membership & votinhg announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:25 Approve minutes from minutes from
Monday August 2, 2010,
VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
4. 7:30 City acquisition of new parkland in Area 7, Parker & Wind
5. 7:35 Approve a new SRCC Variance Policy & Procedure developed by member committee.
6. 7:45 Consider site plan for conversion of 1001 E. Riverside from single family to B&B use: SPC-2010-0237A
Presenter: Donna Bahara, applicant.
7. 7:55 Consider variance request to decrease minimum rear setback
from 10' to 5' at 504 Sunset Circle: C15-2010-0105
Applicant: Julie Ferguson, owner.
8. 8:05 Consider site plans for removal of existing house and
building of a new one at 1313 Bonham Terrace (no case # yet).
Applicants: Lois Kim & Phil Reed, owners.
9. 8:15 Two road closures: (a) 11/25 (Thanksgiving Day)
Texas A&M Corps March beginning on S Congress at Riverside, 12:30-2pm;
(b) 11/27 Chuy's Children Giving to Children Parade, "de-staging" onto
north end of Congress Ave bridge, 1pm.
10a. 8:20 Status of traffic calming in SRCC Area 8.
10b. 8:22 Status of SCIP
11. 8:25 Progress at and wish list for our middle school.
Presenter: Gloria Lee, member, & Cindy Anderson, PTA President,
Fulmore Middle School
12. 8:35 Grant for Blunn Creek Preserve.
Presenter: David Todd, Co-Chair, SRCC Parks, Schools &
13. 8:40 Status of Norwood House project.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Norwood Posse Director
14. 8:45 Report from Austin Neighborhoods Council (ANC).
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, SRCC rep to ANC
15. 8:50 Comprehensive Plan review sessions, citywide.
16. 8:55 Neighborhood Watch
Presenter: Marc Davis, VP and Chair, Safety Committee
17. 9:00 (a) Downtown Austin Alliance & KUT 90.5 FM host annual
holiday sing-along and tree-lighting on Congress at the Capitol 12/04; (b) the annual Texas Book Festival at Capitol grounds will be next weekend 10/16-10/17.
18. 9:05 The SRCC Executive Committee held an online meeting from September 18 to noon September 22, 2010, to vote on historic landmark status for the Ziller House at 800 Edgecliff Terrace, in order to have input to the Landmark
Commission meeting on September 27. All votes were positive.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell, President (462-2261).
Items not necessarily taken in order above.
return to SRCC home page