South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general membership,
January 4, 2010
return to SRCC home page
GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING OF SRCC
Monday, February 4, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
D R A F T
CALL TO ORDER- Presenter: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures & etiquette. Welcome newcomers
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
2. 7:10 Approve minutes from January 4, 2009,
general membership meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
3. 7:15 The SRCC Executive Committee is recommending changes to our
dues categories and levels, as well as to the membership/dues form. The
changes are being recommended to simplify and modernize (no one
remembers when our dues were last raised). A handout illustrating the
recommended changes will be available at the meeting. The changes are (1)
to reduce our current 4 dues categories to two: Single @ $20/year and Family @ $35/year;
and (2) to eliminate Interest Areas from the form, and to add a choice for "Additional
donations to SRCC general fund." If passed, we propose the changes take effect February 15, 2010.
4. 7:25 Discuss voluntary donations to Grace Methodist Church and to John
Jordan, Church caretaker, who has helped us with meetings and our 4th of
July picnic for years. In over 35 years, SRCC has never been required to
pay for use of the Church, yet we have no doubt contributed our fair share of ordinary wear and tear.
5. 7:40 Owners of the Park Lane Guest House at 221 Park Lane have
submitted a site plan seeking a conditional use permit to operate as a bed and breakfast.
Presenter: Jean Mather, Chair of Zoning & Planning Standing Committee
6. 7:50 Review and vote on application for the following street closure: the
alley parallel to and west of S Congress between Elizabeth and Monroe Streets,
for Yard Dog Art Gallery's "Yard Parties," 12 noon-7pm,
Thursday-Saturday, March 18-20, 2010 (between Allens Boots & Tesoros).
7. 7:55 It's never too early to start planning for our fabulous 4th of July Parade and Picnic.
Presenter: Russell Fraser, member and last year's co-organizer
8. 8:05 Street closures for: (1) Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Saturday, April 17, 2010, 5am-2pm,
not in SRCC boundaries; (2) Art City Austin, Saturday, April 24-25, 2010, 11am-6pm,
not in SRCC boundaries.
9. 8:10 On February 25, City Council will decide whether to adopt
Riverside Corridor Master Plan (which will also require an amendment to
the Land Development Code, scheduled for the same date). More information
about the plan is available at www.ci.austin.tx.us/urbandesign/riversideplan.htm.
10. 8:20 On February 4, City Council will consider changes to the City Code
related to protected and heritage trees.
11. 8:25 SRCC newsletters announcing the annual potluck dinner and
elections to be held Tuesday, March 2, will be ready in the next week or so.
We will notify Area Coordinators when they are ready for pick-up from
Jean Mather's porch. Please deliver as soon as possible so lots of residents
will make plans to attend.
12. 8:30 The Norwood report
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, member and director of Norwood Posse
Items not necessarily heard in order of agenda.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell,
return to SRCC home page