South River City Citizens (SRCC): agenda for meeting of general membership,
June 7, 2010
return to SRCC home page
GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING OF SRCC
Monday, June 7, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
2. 7:20 Membership announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:25 Approve minutes from Monday, May 3, 2010 regular monthly meeting (available at SRCC home page).
SPECIAL BUSINESS GUES
4. 7:30 The owners of New India Cuisine next to Eva B's in the shopping center east across S. Congress from HEB want to introduce themselves to SRCC and maybe bring some goodies to sample.
5. 7:45 Consider a resolution in regard to demo permit before the Historic Landmark Commission (HDP-2010-0170) requested for 1608 Travis Heights Blvd.
6. 7:55 Report on new variance policy developed by SRCC members for use in reviewing variance requests.
7. 8:05 Vote on request by Batfest promoters to close Congress Ave Bridge for 22 hours August 21-early morning of 22nd, 2010.
8. 8:15 Notice that a Site Plan has been filed (SPC-2010-0108C) for a Boardwalk at Lady Bird Lake, extending from East Bouldin Creek east to the beginning of parkland east of IH 35. Another notice of a public hearing on the project will be sent in the future.
9. 8:20 Report on the results of a City survey of Bouldin Creek and SRCC residents in close proximity to S Congress regarding parking problems and potential solutions.
10. 8:40 Update on progress of the Norwood House renovation.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Norwood Posse Chief, member.
11. 8:45 Update on progress of the 4th of July Super Committee.
Presenter: Not sure at this time.
12. 8:50 Update on Neighborhood Watch and Safety programs.
Presenter: Marc Davis, Chair, Standing Committee on Transportation & Safety.
13. 8:55 Twin Oaks Library in the shopping center closed May 31st and will reopen at its new permanent location at 1800 S. Fifth St at 10 am Saturday, August 21, 2010. A grant opening celebration will begin at this time. Call 974-7400 for further info.
14. 8:30 Rolling Roadshow movie Ghostbusters to be shown on outdoor screen in 500 block of San Jacinto on August 8, 2010, beginning at 7 pm, to promote Historic Sixth Street/District
Items not necessarily heard in order of agenda.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell,
return to SRCC home page